Why it’s time to book a Diabetes Education Appointment:
- Diagnosed with pre-diabetes or diabetes (T1DM /T2DM)?
- Confusion about the foods to be consumed in diabetes?
- Worried about short and long term complications due to diabetes?
- Seems blood glucose (sugar) control (vicious cycle of low & high) is a great challenge?
- Lot of myths about the disease is a big confusion?
- Feeling demotivated (why me)?
- Chaos of self-management (insulin technique, carb counting, sugar monitoring etc.)?
Diabetes Education Package
As a diabetes educator, I would emphasis on every aspect of above mentioned queries &
more. Journey of constant efforts may have its ups & downs, but it’s going to be worth.
- Initial Session: During our initial visit, we will discuss about your medical history,
weight history, dietary intake, food preferences, exercise routine and more. I would educate
you about the disease. A diet plan would be according to individual’s need.
- Regular Follow-Up/ups: It is a crucial part to find out the progression.
Continuous interaction will ensure better outcomes for the patient. It is collaborative effort
between the educator and the patient to manage it (from sugar monitoring-
medications/insulin regime to healthy eating and exercise).